Wednesday 29 August 2012

Cliveden

I have been missing again for a while but then I have been very busy. Because there is only one week left before I go back to school, I am trying to fit in everything I wanted to do this summer. Recently my friend Arjun came to visit me and we went to Cliveden, which is near our house. First we went to the Japanese garden where we fed the ducks and all the koi carps.
Then we went into the big maze and tried to get in to the centre. It took us a very long time and there were many people lost within the maze. But eventually we got there and look, we are sitting on the bench in the middle of the maze.
Next we went to the big fountain which was gifted by the Rockefeller family. Is n't it huge?
Then we went to the house and these are the formal gardens in front of the house. They are really big and you can see Maidenhead in the background. Do you like them?
Then we walked through the forest area. It was cool and dark and very steep and I ran down the slope to get to the bottom first.
I have always wanted to go to the grotto at the House and this time, Papa took us there but once there, I found it tiny but here it is. Hope you like it.
Then we went back to the Oriental Gardens. Can you see the pagoda in the background?
We took a short break and had a little picnic and then we went to see the blacksmith shop.
Last of all, we went and saw the old fire tenders. We had such a lovely day. Thankyou, Arjun for coming with me for the picnic. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment