Wednesday 29 August 2012

Visit to Balaji and a big surprise

We went to see Balaji in Birmingham last week and it was a very special day. We arrived early in the morning and went around all the temples. Then when we came out, we had our usual photo. We both dressed in Indian clothes specially for the temple.
Then mummy went back to the temple and I went to the pond to see Vishnu ji. Isn't this a lovely pond?
After that, we started back but the weather was very bad and I could not have a picnic in the park as we always do in the summer. Then Papa drove to a place called Evesham and we went into a car park and there waited a very big surprise for me.
Yes, it was a toy train which was waiting at the platform. Only thing was it was raining very heavily by then and the carriage was open. So the people running the trains very kindly brought out an old carriage which was fully covered and we got in.
Can you tell that Papa and I were very happy to be on the train?
And here is the driver of the train rotating the engine.
Just to give you an idea, this was what the weather was like. Here I am shivering but being brave.
And this is me leaving the station after the downpour had subsided. After all, the car was 50 metres away.
But then we beat the weather by just driving fast and ended up on the other side of the valley where you can see it was nice and bright. We had a picnic which was lovely because I was very hungry.
And here is a photo that Mummy took because she wanted me to pose by the side of the car. She really likes this one, do you?
And here are our tickets from the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing that you found bright, sunny and nice weather after all the rain, but I am sure that the train ride compensated for the damp and cold weather. Keep writing, son as I look forward to catching up with you through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you look good in all the photos including the one by the side of the car. In fact, the car looks good because of you - Maasi

    ReplyDelete